Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Storms of Life

           "The storms of life remind us to take shelter in the loving arms of our Savior".(author unknown) 
  Yes, I am among the living.  I had preposted the quilt blocks to come up while we spent the month of February in Branson.  I was thinking I would have so many pictures of our "home away from home" to show you...but the trip down seemed to trigger my sciatic nerve.  I'll spare you all the details, but I was in intense pain and we spent our time going to the chiropractor and trying to get me ready for the trip home.  We came home the end of February (the day before the tornado hit the Branson area) and I spent all of March and first half of April still trying to get rid of the pain.  I am much better...no longer using the cane...still taking two naps a day...but not having the leg pain I did.  What a treat! 
  Wayne had a routine colonoscopy in March (his normal 5 year one) and found he had two tumors.  One they were able to remove, but the larger one they could only get part of it.  Good news is that it is not cancer (but would have been if he had left it another year)...but the bad news is he will have to have surgery to remove it.  Our first appointment at Mayo in Rochester is April 19th and we hope to find out when they will schedule the surgery.  Through this God has blessed us both with an unbelievable peace.  Not something we could manufacture or mind over matter...but just His blessing.  Even though Wayne and I have always been close...this has led us to treasure our time together and grow closer to each other and to God.  It is so comforting to know He is in control and that none of this is a surprise to Him. 

This has become our statement of faith:
  "The greatest faith of all, and the most effective, is to live day by day trusting Him. (Jesus)  It is trusting Him so much that we look at every problem as an opportunity to see His work in our lives.  It is not worrying, but rather trusting and abiding in the peace of God." (author unknown)

Couple of verses that have blessed me:
Psalm 73:26  My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.

Psalm 145:13  The Lord is trustworthy in all He promises, and faithful in all He does.

Zephaniah 3:17  The Lord your God is with you.  He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you.  He will quiet you with His love.  He will rejoice over you with singing.

We have so much to be thankful for!  My list goes on and on! 
  Keep us in prayer!!!
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment