Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving may seem like a strange title for the 4th of July.  But our country's freedom has been bought with the blood of thousands and thousands of soldiers who through the years gave their lives and futures so you and I could live with all the blessings we have.  So it is with great thanksgiving towards these heros that I celebrate this 4th of July and pray that we don't let what they fought and died for slip away.  If you like our current leaders or if you don't like them...we still have the privilege of our vote come November. 
On the homefront we haven't had pigs on the place for close to a month for the first time in over 50 years!  But that changed a week ago...here they come.

And thanks to ambitious grandsons...a clean house...at least for now!

And speaking of pigs...here's a place that's fun to visit...the Spam Museum in Austin.  Most of the pigs we raise end up at Hormel's.

We had picked up our granddaughter, Morgan in Rochester and wanted to give her a "high on the hog" treat...so we stopped.

Remember these???  I can still remember my Grandma Anderson's number...110 please. 
 My blog is giving me fits...I've loaded...uploaded...downloaded..unloaded these and a bunch more pictures...and the blog decides after about 5 pictures that it is done...even if I'm not.  So...the Spam museum is a continued story...whether I like it or not.
Jolyn.

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying a few of your posts. I came over from Jo's Country Junction. I sure have enjoyed your Spam Museum tour!
    Best of luck with the blog pictures! I have almost no pictures on my blog because I didn't know you have to resize them before posting. Now I hunt for better pics and resize and then try to remember what I wanted to say....

    ReplyDelete