Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day...2012

Today is the day we pay honor to all our veterans and current soldiers!  We thank you for all you've done.  My Dad served during the end of World War II ending up in occupied Japan.  I'm so thankful he didn't have to see battle.  I was about 3-4 years old when he went in...my only memory is living in the apartment above my Grandpa and Grandma Anderson and dad was leaving and he had me run up to the apartment to get his toothbrush.  This is a picture of my parents around that time.  The soldiers gave up a lot to serve...but also the wives and families did too.  I'm so thankful my dad came home!  Wish I would have asked him more questions...

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."  John 15:13
  Lots and lots and lots of soldiers did this so we can enjoy the freedom we have today! 
 Thank you again.
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment