Thursday, August 23, 2012

Buggy Barn Block


I was in a quilt shop that had a sample of "Oh Christmas Tree" from the Buggy Barn book "Undeniably Crazy".  Now, I'm not sure if you have to be crazy before you make this...or you feel crazy after you're done...but I was gung ho!  FOR ONCE I decided to wisely make a sample block before cutting out 20 blocks.  Wise decision.  Not crazy yet.  As I traced the 24 x 18" pattern on to freezer paper and realized I would need to do this 5 times...maybe I should make a lap quilt...3 blocks by 4.  Good idea!  As I worked on the block...and began to pull out my poor hair...and finally...after ripping out a piece more than once or twice or more...I decided a quilt 2 x 3 blocks would be enough.  Then I finished the block and decided this is an only child!  I think it will make a cute wall hanging...but there is a pattern in the same book called Crazy Cats that I really like.  Just in case I'm not totally "Undeniably Crazy"!
Jolyn
FYI...the block is supposed to look wonky.  That part wasn't hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment