Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Christmas Pickle

 Last fall Tracy and I went down to the AQS show in Des Moines.  Fell in love with a lot of quilts, but this one, "Christmas Pickle" by Dreamspinners caught my eye.  I bought the pattern thinking I had enough greens in my stash to make it.  When I started pulling out fabrics, my greens were blue greens and seemed to all be the same value.  So I ended up ordering a kit.  All of January 2010 was spent piecing this.  To make the pinwheel blocks, I overcut the triangles and then trimmed the squares to size.  Tracy quilted it for me and made it come to life.  I guess some others liked it too as it got Grand Champion at our county fair.  That's a first for me.  If I remember right,Tracy got a Grand Champion on her Island Sunrise wall hanging that I pieced and she quilted.  I think we're a team!  There were enough leftover pieces to make four more blocks, so I used purples instead of the reds and hung it in our bathroom as it matches the colors in there.  There is still a box of green fabric leftovers.  This one will hang in our living room during the Christmas season.  Always fun to have something new to hang up.

No comments:

Post a Comment