Monday, September 27, 2010

New to the blog world!!

Hi- After thinking about blogging for quite sometime, this is it!!  Helps to have a granddaughter help set it up!  It's a beautiful sunny day in southern Minnesota after last week's torrential rains.  We got over 7" to make our month's total so far 14",  The soybeans are ready to harvest so this was not good timing!  But we are very thankful to not have inches or feet of water in our basement.  

  Our granddaughter came Saturday night and will stay until Tuesday or Wednesday.  This morning we each made a batch of rye bread (5 loaves apiece) and canned 17 pints of beautiful applesauce.  Much more fun with someone to help.  Wayne and I had gone to an apple orchard Saturday and bought a half bushel of Haraldson's.
They were huge, making the peeling go so much faster.  Will have another 8 pints to do tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog, Jolyn!! Blogging is a lot of fun. I got help from my son when I first started. :-) That applesauce looks yummy and so does the rye bread. I think I see fabric in the room behind your granddaughter. Looks yummy, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete