Friday, June 3, 2011

Shopping

Ran over to the Calico Hutch the other day and am always amazed at the number of quilts on display.  The best part is there is a kit for each one. (I should take a picture of their kit room!  now that is amazing!) 




Liked this one for it's simplicity.

I can see a little girl falling in love with this one.

Carolyn has some really neat panels for guy lap quilts.


This one is mine!!  Last year on the Minnesota shop hop, Tracy and I went to all the shops in the SE section.  If you hit them all, you were given a bundle of 20 black and white prints.  Each was a half yard!  So I've been eyeing them since then trying to decide how to use them .  Using Terry Atkinson's book..."Happy Hour", I chose the "Between Friends" pattern.  Simple, but the pattern worked well with the large prints.  I bought the bright pink for the accent AND found the bright pink and white fabric ON SALE for the backing for one of them!  I have enough blocks for 4 quilts!  I'm happy...   Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment