Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Advance

I go on retreats for a variety of reasons.  Tired from harvest, don't want to cook, to be inspired, to talk "quilt", to spend time with like minded people!!  Last weekend I attended one that I really enjoyed...good quilting time, good beds, good food,  good partner (as always!), and close to home.  Been having back problems and didn't know if I could take sewing all day for three days.  I'm pretty careful to pace myself....sew a little...press a little...shop a little...eat a little (or a lot!).  One thing I discovered is that sitting in my comfy recliner at night is NOT good on my back.  When I left for this retreat I told Wayne that this is my last retreat...but I have to rethink that. 
In this picture Diane is demonstrating a fun way to make folded pinwheels.


Tracy spent most of her time working on wool projects.

A couple of the gals attended both retreats so were there from Friday-Wednesday!  They got lots done!


Kim was finishing up a project started in a class by Darlene Zimmerman at the Calico Hutch.  Think she just had her border left to put on.


This was a great scrappy quilt that Sue made.

Here's Kim and daughter Katy...our sewing mates,  deciding what meal to order.  More to come.
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment