Thursday, November 17, 2011

More Than Quilting

Quilting retreats are actually more than just quilting.  Oh yes, a little gambling...I doubled my investment and didn't even know what I was doing!  We were betting fat quarters...a 18" x 21" piece of fabric.

A couple of games...moving a cookie from your forehead without using your hands...interesting faces!!!  The other game involved tying a banana around your waist...letting it hang to the floor and using your "hip action" to propel a tennis ball across the floor to a hula hoop laying on the floor.  You really need to try these...they provided lots of laughs!  It was just a shame my back was crabby and wouldn't let me do it. (or maybe I should say  "thankful"  it wouldn't let me do it!)

Don't forget the massage!  It really helps to get those kinks out of the muscles.

Demonstrations. Here Tracy is doing an impromptu demo on making a tote.  She was whipping them up left and right!

And lots of inspiration.  Kim was showing a block from the Pineapple Nine Patch quilt.  Soooo....now I'm working on one of these...same colors.  Only thing...mine will be a double/queen where Kim's is a lap quilt for the shop. Again...there are kits in the blues and browns and red and I think brown!  It is NOT hard.  The hardest part for me is trying to find my tri-rec templates.  They are missing in action!
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment