Monday, October 17, 2011

Love Mondays!

I really do love Mondays!  Love to start the work week and always have a long list of things to do.  I especially love this Monday as I feel GOOD!!  After a week of a nasty head cold where I only felt like I was living until my next time to take Tylenol and when can I take a nap and put the blanket over my head!  Up today at 5:30 and ready to go!!  Knew I was better yesterday when I only took one nap.  Course... it was almost 2 hours long, but that still was an improvement! 
These pictures are from the week before.  Still getting tomatoes as we haven't had that hard frost yet.  Saturday I went out and picked two bags full....actually the first ones from our garden patch.  Lots of big green ones out there and finally....some red ones.  My plan today is to freeze some.

My jars ready for canning!  Got to love my dishwasher when it comes to canning.  I need to tell it that more often.

Last year I went to an apple orchard and got apples, but this year our local grocery store had a good deal and I picked up 6    4 1/2# bags.

Ah...the finished product.  Also made two apple crisps and froze a bunch for apple crisps!  Love how my vacum pac keeps them so nice!

Found these in the weed patch garden.    I just baked them...

put them in bags and sealed them and they are ready just for heating up!  So easy!  Today I'm off on a new adventure.  Of course I'm not going to tell you...in case it's a flop.  Will tell you tomorrow.  Guys are busy in the corn.  One field was down so bad because of the high winds in the past so there is a lot of corn laying on the ground.  That's always hard to see.  But we are so thankful for the continuing good weather and the good crops out there.  What's on your schedule today?  I might even sneak in a little quilting!
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment