Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heat Wave

Minnesota has been in a heat wave...going on the second week.  If the temperature isn't bad enough, the humidity just about knocks you over.  It's like trying to walk in chest high water.  Wears a person out.  Course, last week was our county fair during this miserable seige.

Most animals hibernate during the winter...not Trooper, he hibernates under the porch during the summer.  In the winter he lays in a chair on the porch or rolls in the snow or acts like a puppy out enjoying himself. 

Another product of our heat and humidity.  Notice the mosquito to get an idea of the size of this....whatever it was.  It was guarding our front door and it worked...I went out another door.

My little flower bed seems to do ok.  Course... I don't know if I have the right to call it "mine" as Jill planted it and Wayne weeded it.  I watered it a couple of times.

And I wish I knew what kind of flower this is as usually by this time I've almost killed our hanging plants.  This one likes me!              Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment