Friday, April 22, 2011

Continued

   Continued from our meeting, Wendy is sharing a wall hanging she made using a panel and adding her own touches.
   Kathy made this beautiful circular swirl.  With the leftovers, she'll be able to make another one!  How sweet is that!!!  It was really beautiful!!

  Jan was working on a t-shirt quilt that will go to its home next week.  The blocks she showed were really cute.
   I don't remember if this was a "family" quilt or a "find", but seemed to be in really good condition.  Just to figure out how to complete the edges...cut them off, applique onto a border....

   Jacque showed a number of bags she has made. This small quilt was hers too.  She used a technique on the bag and some of the blocks on the quilt that was interesting.  You sew this "stuff" (for lack of the proper word) on the back and then when you steam it, it shrinks and gives this fun texture to your fabric.   If you look at the green part on the bag you can see the result.
   One of the problems with such great show and tell is that I get so wrapped up in looking that I forget to take pictures.  So, I'm sure I missed some.  Monica was kind enough to take this one out after the meeting so I could get a picture.
   Felecia showed her first quilting project that she made when the Quilt Company first opened.  This was one of my first classes and one of my favorite blocks...Dresden Plate. 
  Oh yes...this is southern Minnesota doing it's own show and tell.  My tulips are confused not to mention the robins!
   Happy Easter....Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment