Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fireplace Work

With these cold snowy winter nights, I like to toast my toes by the fireplace and work on woolies.  Not only is it enjoyable, but my hands stay so smooth from the wool.  This one is called "Primitive Wool Candle Mat".  Not real thrilled with the way it turned out.  Was hard to stitch through 4 layers.
Tracy designed these and several more.  She'll be coming out with patterns. (right Tracy?)
The girls in my class (1959...so you don't have to guess) get together once or twice a year for a luncheon.  This year we all turn 70. (NO...I'm not that old!)  At least the rest of them turn 70.  So I wanted to make a little gift for each.  Have a couple more to finish.  These are also candle mats.

This is a test run of the pattern "19 cents".  Really enjoyed working on it, but we're taking a road trip so I'm saving the rest for then.  There will be 19 of these in one piece. 
"Pozzy Pocket" is supposed to be about 15" tall, but I shrunk the pattern and this is a 5" x 15" frame.   It's very difficult to photograph  with the glass frame.  The plus side of working on these is that I don't eat...much.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that circle one at the top of the post. I think it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'll have to put your name on it! Come get it.

    ReplyDelete