Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shopping at its Best!!

   Southern Minnesota inundated with fog.  USC school at Wells ran 2 hours late.  But by noon the sun had "melted" it all away.  We went to a funeral for a quilting friend and step-mom to good friends of ours.   From there my good husband ...and I don't have a bad one...took me to the..................


..........................................................................
.


.......................................quilt shop!!!
   As we quilters call it...here's some eye candy.  Calico Hutch at Hayward  always has inspiration galore on their walls.  Best part is that there is a kit for every thing you see.  There are so many patterns that just use squares and rectangles and make classy quilts.
   I should have written down names, but I think this is some kind of Bargello.
   Aw....makes me want one yard of each!  And this isn't even half of the fabric they have!
   A subtle selection of fabrics.
   Isn't that center one made just perfect...oh yah...guess I made it for them.
  Here's busy Miss Carolyn getting ready for their weekend retreat.  (she also took the time to get a new grandson last night.)  Haven't heard of their retreats?  They are great...another one coming up in April...but you have to sign up soon as they fill up fast.  
  More pictures from the shop tomorrow.
                           Jolyn

2 comments:

  1. I like to think the one with all the diagonal flying gees hanging to the left of the perfect center one is perfect too ;)

    ReplyDelete