Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Once Upon a Time

   Once upon a time, I wore these dresses now worn by our youngest granddaughter, Morgan.  The top one Wayne bought me.  It was a stinker to iron!  No perma-press back then!  We would sprinkle the item with water and wrap it up and let it set.  (not too long---if it got to be too long, we put it in the freezer--again strange things in the freezer!)  It was hard to iron because each of those bows is a thick layer of fabric.  Once upon a time I was this little!  Morgan's choice of shoes is different from what mine was, but hers look much more comfortable than what I painfully wore.




In this picture Morgan is wearing my only formal.  I wore it to both our Jr. and Sr. proms.  (something unheard of --but I loved that dress!)  Wayne was a little younger then.  We were high school sweethearts and he's been a keeper for 49 years, 11 months and whose counting the days?? ( He did wear different clothes to the prom.)
   Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment