Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving



  I laid my camera out yesterday intending to get lots of pictures.  As everyone left...there it laid.  So, these are from Wednesday - preparation day.







I had precooked my squash and measured off what I needed for a delicious casserole and then took the rest and used my vacuum sealer to package and freeze.
   What I like about it is that it takes the air out so you don't get so much freezer burn.  Like to freeze leftover ham this way too. 

   Here's the traditional pumpkin pie (there were 3) and Wayne's favorite...pecan pie.  (Wish there weren't any leftovers.)


  Our guests for the Thanksgiving meal were Shawn and Suzanne and 3 boys, and Wayne's 2 brothers and sister and their spouses.  Was fun to get together.  Seems as our own families get bigger, it's harder for us to get together.  The weather on Wednesday made me wonder if we would be "forced" to eat all the pies ourselves, but Thursday was cold, but nice.  We have so much to be thankful for! 

  And this is what didn't turn out --rye buns.  I can not make decent buns.  I even went to my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook for directions on baking them.  Most of these were burnt on the bottoms and not quite done in the centers.  Guess I need to practice. (or stick to what I know best - bread baking)
  Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment