Friday, November 12, 2010

Show Time

   A fun time at any retreat is show and tell.  My pictures could have been better.  I think I was trying to zoom in on the quilts and it kind of blurred some of them.  Loved the top one - a stained glass effect.  As far as I could tell, she had pieced narrow bands of black between the pieces.  Very effective
   This quilt was stunning!!  No other way to put it.  Each of those blocks is only 4".  The gal said it took her 2 1/2 years to finish it.  (Is that all?)  She deserves a medal for this one.  it is called "Dear Jane".

  I'm sorry I didn't get names of quilts or their makers.


I did get the name of this one. (because it's mine)   It is "I Spy" and will be for our great-granddaughter, Vivvi.  I found a couple of fabrics that will remind her of Great-Grandpa Wayne---pop corn, jelly beans, and a red tractor! 
  Holding the quilts are Sonny and Cher. (alias Mary and Carolyn)

  The gal making this one makes a quilt each year for one of her siblings.  This will go to a brother who rides in rodeos.

  I wish I had a better picture of this one.  She had hand dyed all the fabric and it really was pretty.


  AND THE WINNER IS...............me!!!!


Tracy made this beautiful wool Christmas wall hanging and gave it to me!  It is even more stunning in person and will have a place of honor in our home.  I think it will still be up on the wall long after Christmas!!
Thank you Tracy!!!

           Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment