Thursday, October 14, 2010

Generations

   Yesterday I traveled 100 miles east of us to join our daughter - Janeen, her husband - Marque and my great-granddaughter - Vivvi to visit my mother in a care center.  Vivvi entertained us all and of course was the center of attention!  She sits by herself now and  gets up on her hands and knees.  She gets one leg moving but hasn't figured out how to make her other leg and hands move at the same time.  Vivvi is 6 months now and so much fun.  This is my mom's first great-great grandchild. She will get 2 new great-grandchildren this fall.
  After getting home, even though it was 4 o'clock, I took my nap (I'm going back to my childhood - nap every afternoon) then took supper over to Wayne who was hauling manure.  Then off to Women's Bible Study.  It always helps me keep my focus on what's really important.  We all rejoiced at the safe recovery of the trapped miners in Chile!  Can you imagine what they are experiencing?  Going from darkness to light - to being "imprisoned" to being set free!  The ride up was just a temporary discomfort.  What joy!!  Kind of like our lives when we find Jesus - darkness to light and then our "trip home!"     Focus!   
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment