Friday, October 15, 2010

More Quilt Show Quilts

 Here are a few more quilts from the AQS show in Des Moines.  I don't know how this top one was made, but it was pieced.  I studied it for a long time to see the blocks.  Don't think I would like to tackle making  one like it, but it was a very interesting quilt. 


This quilt was so striking.  The quilter had chosen just the right fabrics and though it looked simple, it was a very sharp quilt.
  This quilt caught both Tracy and my eye.  It was so sharp!  Again, using black for the back ground of the bright blocks really made these appliques pop!  I also liked where the blocks ran through the borders. 
  Quilt shows always inspire me to want to go home and make a quilt!  Trouble is, when I get home there are all the "home" things to get done first.  I guess that's why we quilters like to go on retreats where we don't have to clean house, wash clothes or dishes, and someone else makes the meals!  (But I do like to sleep in my own bed!)
Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment