Friday, October 1, 2010

Country Cooking

 This is a strange picture, but one of the things I like to do to make mealtime easier is cook my brown rice ahead of time and freeze it in meal size portions.  After putting the rice in these sandwich bags, I then put 3-4 of them in a larger zip lock bag.  So easy to grab, thaw in the microwave and add to stir fry, hot dish or soup.  In the background is a jar of homemade noodles that I bought at an Amish auction in September.  Yesterday I finally tried some in homemade chicken noodle soup.  Yummy!  I also like to precook a bunch of chicken breasts and freeze in one cup containers.  So easy then to add them to my cooking.  With the fall work starting (hopefully they can start harvesting the beans today) I'll use some to make some chicken salad filling  for buns.  Cooking is so much easier if I have things prepared in my freezer!
 Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment