Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Projects Actually Done!!

    For some reason known only to my computer, it wants to flip this picture on its end even though it shows it with the quilts side by side.  The Mariner's Compass is the first paper piecing project I did  while taking a class from Merle Stensrud at Calico Hutch.  She is an excellent teacher and has inspired me to try more.  The top picture is called Island Sunrise.  I've made 3 or 4 of these and love making it.  The actual pattern shows blocks 6x6, but I needed a number of smaller gifts. Tracy Peterson has done the quilting on these. Wish the quilting showed up better as she does such a beautiful job.  
    With harvest in full swing, my sewing gets done in bits and pieces.  Yesterday was a beautiful harvest day, but the combine was broke down all afternoon and evening.  Hopefully it goes better today.  Need to go dig some potatoes to make a hot dish to take to the field at noon.  I'm sure Wayne is already tired of sandwiches.    Jolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment